Advanced Integration Method (AIM) Implementation Guide Authorize.Net recommends Web merchants implement AIM, a highly secure, merchant-initiated server-to-server connection for submitting transactions to the payment gateway. AIM provides merchants with a high degree of control over each phase of the customer's online transaction experience, including the payment form and receipt page. View this guide (PDF).
- Employs industry standard secure data encryption technology - 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
- Uses transaction key authentication for ultimate security.
- Allows control over all phases of the customer's online transaction experience.
- Configurable transaction response integrates easily with merchant applications.
Simple Integration Method (SIM) Implementation Guide
The Simple Integration Method (SIM) is ideal for Web merchants with basic customization needs. The Authorize.Net Payment Gateway can handle all the steps in the secure transaction process - payment data collection, data submission and the response to the customer - while keeping Authorize.Net virtually transparent. View this guide (PDF).
- Payment gateway hosted payment form employs 128-bit SSL data encryption.
- Digital fingerprints enhance security, providing multiple layers of authentication.
- Customize the look and feel of the payment gateway hosted payment form and/or receipt page.
Certified Shopping Carts
Choosing an Authorize.Net certified shopping cart to connect to the payment gateway can be an ideal solution for merchants with minimal Web development resources or capabilities. Shopping carts are Internet companies that provide payment form solutions for merchant Web sites. See our Certified Shopping Cart Directory.
- Provides the security of an AIM implementation with minimal Web development.
- Assures compliance with Authorize.Net security and performance standards.
- Choose from over 88 certified solutions.
MOTO merchants can submit transactions by logging into the Authorize.Net Merchant Interface and keying information into our Virtual Terminal, or by using our Batch Upload tool.
- Virtual Terminal and Batch Upload are standard features of the Authorize.Net Payment Gateway.
- A single payment gateway account allows for multiple users across your network or call center.
- The AIM and SIM connection methods make it easy to integrate your proprietary applications to the Authorize.Net Payment Gateway.
In most cases, retail and mobile merchants simply purchase a certified, ready-to-install POS solution or device that is integrated to the Authorize.Net Payment Gateway.
Technical integration is typically handled by the POS solution provider that sells the POS system to the merchant, and may include hardware manufacturers, software companies and value-add resellers. Authorize.Net maintains a POS Solutions Directory for your convenience. Merchants interested in integrating directly to the payment gateway can use the Card Present connection method.
- Authorize credit card transactions in as little as three seconds, improving customer satisfaction by speeding up checkout lines.
- Internet Protocol (IP) based transaction processing reduces telecom expenses by eliminating multiple dedicated telephone lines.
- Increase productivity by simplifying the integration of payment information into your proprietary applications.